Tuesday, July 27, 2010 - Victory Tavern

Victory Tavern
2551 N. Houston St.
Dallas Texas, 75201





This place is right next to the American Airlines Center. When we got there we walked around the corner because we could hear some event going on. Ringling Brothers was set up outside and they were doing magic for some kids and had some creepy clowns performing.



 

I was actually expecting this to be a tavern. lol
It's a nice modern restaurant with a lot of wood. It's very pretty, but it was really dead in there. I don't know if that's normal for Tuesdays or if Ringling Brothers had something to do with it.

Valentina ordered the Chips with Maytag blue cheese sauce to start, and I ordered a side of mac and cheese. Which was huge.
Both of them were just "ok". I had a few bites of the mac and took the rest home for lunch the next day. The cheese sauce on the chips sort of had an odd taste and the chips get soggy really fast, but it was decent.

Chips and Maytag blue cheese

Mac and Cheese

For dinner Valentina got the Petite tenderloin, and I just got a wedge salad. I can't seem to get enough blue cheese lately. :)
I believe Val enjoyed hers, but she needs to weigh in here. (AHEM!)

 Petite Tenderloin

Wedge salad

For dessert we split a piece of lemon pie. Which was VERY good. 

Lemon Pie

It was mostly a good experience but they also had bad music playing. The restaurant is nice and clean and the service is good. I thought the food was good too, but I don't think it makes my top 10 places.






3 1/2 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment