Tuesday, July 20, 2010 - Blue Mesa Grill

Blue Mesa Grill
7700 W. Northwest Highway 
Dallas, TX 75225
214.378.8686




This is a really cute place. Serving "Southwestern cuisine". The pretentious way of saying Mexican food. It's right across from Northpark mall. It's nicely decorated and there's a huge bar. They have 4.00 happy hour drinks, and they serve free quesadillas during happy hour. You can fill up for free and you don't have to go get a table.
It's just a teeny bit too trendy for me though, and the music they played in the restaurant was some awful techno crap. I would go back for the food. :)



 

We started off with some drinks and appetizers. She got a Mojito and I had a blue margarita. And then I got some queso and Valentina ordered a side of guacamole. The guacamole is cool in that a guy comes to your table and makes it right there. Not that I'd eat that.. stuff. :)
The bad thing is, I figured out later, that it ends up being around 8 servings of avocado and probably around 10,000 calories. :)
Valentina got a side and a half. lol

 Mojito and Blue Margarita


Queso (Bad washed out photo. It isn't actually white) lol


Guacamole bar


Waiter making guacamole




Guacamole

For dinner Valentina ordered the Mesa Sampler and I ordered the goat cheese enchiladas. Which were FABULOUS. It's a big portion though and I ate half of them for lunch the next day.
Her sampler came with some type of hot pepper jelly which nearly set her mouth on fire when she tried it. Wish I'd gotten a picture. It's fun to get snaps of her when she's just eaten something hot that she doesn't realize is going to be hot. hehe


Mesa sampler


Goat cheese enchiladas


Big painting of a jar full of fish.


I'd rate this 4 out of 5 stars for the food, but I have to subtract half a point for all the hipsters and the heinous music. 3 1/2 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment