Tuesday, August 10, 2010 - Avila's Restaurant

Avila's Restaurant
4714 Maple Avenue
Dallas Texas, 75219
214.520.2700



This is a little Tex-mex place on Maple Avenue. It's in a crummy little house next to a body shop. They've been closed for remodeling and have reopened. The decor is cute on the inside.


Margaritas on the rocks! They don't make the frozen ones. Valentina said they taste just like the ones her mom makes.

Margarita Rox

The obligatory chips and salsa.

Valentina perusing the menu..

Valentina ordered the Chili Relleno, and I got the Spinach Quesadillas. Very tasty!

Chili Relleno

Spinach Quesadillas

There was this thing on the wall behind us.. I guess it's a religious icon of some kind. I said I thought it looked like a Klingon battle cruiser. Valentina called me an enormous geek. lol

Religious Klingon Battle Cruiser

And behind us at another table there was a guy with no hands. Just hooks. I got his picture unintentionally when I took a shot of the room.

 Hook Man

And these are from some type of fortune telling deck.









We skipped dessert. There was nothing either of us really liked.

3 out of 5 stars.

Afterwards.. more shopping!! I needed some stuff from Sephora.
So back to Northpark. The good, the bad, and the ugly.

Friggin hideous.

Can anything be uglier than this?


Tacky 80's retread

This outfit is so ugly someone threw paint at it.

More lame hipster fashion. I'd like to know who told hipsters that dressing like homeless clowns is "cool and unique".

Back at one of our favorite stores.. Anthropologie.
Here's a lamp made of a stump painted silver. It's weird but I sort of like it. lol

Stump lamp

And I love this dress. Very Marilyn Monroe.


A couple outfits Valentina likes. :)



1 comment:

  1. The Klingon ship is a fragment of Gothic architecture, and the cards are Lotteria cards. I have to agree on the homeless clown outfits, but I think I could rock those purple and white striped socks...

    ReplyDelete