Tuesday, August 3, 2010 - The Oceanaire

The Oceanaire
13340 Dallas pkwy, Suite 1369
Dallas Texas, 75240
972.759.2277
The Galleria




Atmosphere-wise, this is one of my favorite places to date. It looks like a cruise liner from the 1930's. Everything's Art Deco. Even the fixtures in the bathrooms. You almost expect Fred and Ginger to jump out and start tap dancing at any moment. Though I actually preferred Fred Astaire with Eleanor Powell. She was a much better dancer than Ginger.





Women's bathroom

Women's bathroom

Alrighty then... we start with drinks. I had a Shiner, and Valentina had a glass of Riesling. Our waiter Bobby, brought us some bread. Bobby provides very good service. Go Bobby!

Valentina ordered the crab cake and some clam chowder as appetizers. The crab cake was amazing. You have to try it if you go there.

Clam chowder, crab cake and bread

For dinner Val had the "Black and Bleu" Texas Redfish. According to her, it was amazing! I had a wedge salad again this time around. I love Blue cheese, and I haven't had too much appetite lately with this damned heat we're having, so salad was just right.

"Black and Bleu" Texas Redfish


Wedge salad

Did we get dessert? Why of course we did! Big surprise right? ;)
I ordered Key Lime pie (because I can't resist Key Lime Pie,EVER), and Val ordered a "Chocolate Chip Cookie Pecan Ball". That seemed to be pecan ice cream, and chocolate chip cookies with some fudge sauce over it. She couldn't finish it and couldn't take it home for later because it was melty. :)
 

Ok.. the Key Lime Pie.. they brought me out a piece of pie that was GIGANTIC. It was the size of 3 regular sized pieces. I took most of it home, and I'm still working on it actually. I got a pic of it next to my iPhone so you can get an idea of the size.




On top of that it came with a huge knife sticking out of it.
I wondered if that was some kind of threat from the kitchen. "You'd better like the pie, or ELSE!".  lol

Bobby explained that it's so multiple people can share it. Which makes sense since it's the size of a small dog.

Here's Valentina going all "Michael Meyers" on me with the pie knife.  :)

 I keel you!

Excellent all around!  4 out of 5 stars.
(Valentina would give it 5 stars. I almost never do 5 stars unless the food is orgasmic or something. lol.. in case my grading scale is confusing. ;)  )

Afterwards,we weren't ready to go home.. and we WERE at the Galleria.. so... you guessed it.. window shopping!!
Ok.. we're getting a little bored with the shopping too, so if anyone can think of something we can go do in Dallas after 8pm, that doesn't involve eating or drinking anything, please feel free to comment.

However, I do love taking photos of the "tacky and overpriced" that is considered fashion these days.

gag!




Shiny!

Trying on shoes again.. Valentina has on these old fashioned "fully fashioned" stockings. I know some people are really into them, but I don't really get the appeal. They always bunch up at the ankles like granny stockings. Wait.. I guess they are granny stockings.

I also ragged on her because she has at least 3 pairs of shoes in this exact same style. She keeps trying on the same shoes. :)
"But they're comfortable!"  lol



Val likes this outfit. :)
she wears a lot of black.


And I like these shoes. They look like they'd go great with a vintage dress or vintage costume jewelry (which I collect).



Stay tuned for next week's adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment