Tuesday, July 13, 2010 - The Mercury Grill

The Mercury Grill
11909 Preston Road Suite 1418
Dallas, TX 75240
972.960.7774



This is one of those places that's supposed to be in with the restaurant crowd. Chefs will come here on their evenings off. I thought it was good, but I wasn't blown away by it. Chris Ward is their chef. He's won all kinds of awards.




To start with, they brought us butter and paté. I recognized the paté, but I was trying to figure out what the yellow stuff was, and Valentina was laughing at me because it was just butter. :)
In my defense, I've never seen butter served like that before. hehe

Paté and Butter

And of course..alcohol! woo! Valentina ordered a martini, and I ended up ordering one too because they didn't make any of my favorites.

Good Martoonies

We started off with the pan seared shrimp with jalapeno cheese grits. Completely tasty! I also ordered a side of macaroni and cheese... In my quest to find the best mac and cheese. We wanted it with the shrimp but the waiter didn't bring it until the entrees were ready.

Pan seared shrimp and jalapeno cheese grits.

Afterwards Valentina had the Salmon, and I thought.. I'll eat light and just try appetizers so I ordered the Tagliolini Gratinati al Prosciutto. I had no idea what that was, and it turned out to be angel hair pasta in creme sauce with proscuitto. So with the mac and cheese I had a huge carb fest. lol
I need to learn some Italian. Oh, and the mac and cheese was just OK.


Mac and Cheese


Tagliolini Gratinati al Prosciutto


Crisped Salmon (looks barbequed to me)


Bad photo of the inside of the restaurant.


Ugly vase near our table.

Our waiter that night was a disaster. I really think this was his first serving job. He'd come and do nitpicky little things for us, like changing our martinis into cold glasses, but then he'd ignore us the rest of the time. He never came back to see if we needed anything, and it took him forever to bring us take out boxes, the dessert menu and the check.

Ok, the desserts.. Valentina had the lava cake and I've already forgotten what mine was called, but basically it was a rice crispy bar with some kind of weird foam on it, some hazlenut ice cream and a little chocolate cake with chocolate mousse on it.

Lava cake


Unknown dessert. lol

Ok.. I have no idea whos idea this was, but the little mousse cake thing looked like a pile of poo. lol
I took a camera phone picture of this thing and I think I texted it to everyone I knew.


chocolate mousse/poo


I'd rate it 3 1/2 out of 5 stars.


Afterwards we headed over to Northpark to window shop. Which always ends up turning into actual shopping because we're drawn like a magnet to  Nordstrom's shoe department.
Where we found (and both bought) the cutest shoes in the world. :)



     

No comments:

Post a Comment